Franchising is an attractive option to those wishing to go into business for themselves as a tried and tested model. Further there will normally be training, advice and assistance provided by the franchisor to assist the franchisee in getting started with the business and ongoing support thereafter. Also, the use of recognised copyright material will be allowed.
When entering a franchise agreement it is vital to have expert advice to ensure that you have the best chance of success in your new venture. One should be fully aware of all of the inherent risks in such agreements. Clarke Jeffers have expert experience in the area of franchising. The firm acts for and advises both franchisees and master franchisors. We have specialist expertise in the food, beverage and retail markets.
The firm also advises on and drafts non disclosure agreements and geographical territory agreements.
Clarke Jeffers is a full service law firm. We can advise on the incorporation of your business and provide ongoing commercial advice.
Specialist areas include:
• Drafting of and advice on master franchise agreements
• Rights and obligations of both franchisor and franchisee
• Area development agreements
• Licensing and distribution
• Franchise due diligence
• Enforcement of terms
• Intellectual property aspects
• Franchise disputes
• Franchise sales, purchases and restructuring
• Multi tiered franchising options
• Competition law
• Property considerations
• Renewal and transfer rights
• Territories (exclusive and shared)
• Termination and renewal options
• Litigation and dispute resolution